- 3.4 GPA or higher is preferred, however GPA is considered along with all other application materials
- A strong personal statement that shows the applicant’s passion for the field, future goals, and an understanding of Speech@Baylor
- High-quality letters of recommendation written by academic references or professional supervisors who can speak directly to the applicant’s graduate school potential
Basic Sciences Prerequisites
- One biological science course related to human or animal sciences, such as biology, human anatomy/physiology, neuroanatomy/neurophysiology, human genetics, or veterinary science.
- One physical science course, must be physics or chemistry. Astronomy, geology, and environmental science do not count toward this requirement.
- One stand-alone statistics course. Research methodology courses in a CSD program may not fulfill this requirement.
- One behavioral or social science course, such as psychology, sociology, anthropology, or public health.
CSD Leveling Courses
- Survey of Speech Pathology and Audiology (3 credits)
- Introduction to Phonological Science (3 credits)
- Language Development (3 credits)
- Structures and Functions in Communication and Swallowing (3 credits)
- Introduction to Clinical Audiology (3 credits)
- Clinical Methods (2 credits) with 25 clinical observation hours (1 credit)
- the online application
- a resume/CV
- documented observation hours (if applicable)
- letters of recommendation
- a personal statement
- TOEFL/IELTS scores (for international students)
- GRE not required
- Full name of the institution (no abbreviations)
- Student name
- Student ID
- Course title and grade received
- Grading scale (if different than 4.0 scale)
- Level of study
- Degree conferral date (if degree granted)
Documented Observation Hours
Letters of Recommendation
- Describe your personal journey with speech-language pathology and detail your passion and ambition for entering the field.
- Explain your goals and aspirations as you look forward to becoming a speech-language pathologist.
- Show an understanding of Speech@Baylor and how your values align with the mission and core principles of the program.
- Display clear and concise writing ability within a scholarly format that utilizes a strong breadth of vocabulary to communicate your intentions.