Using Technology to Improve Healthcare Access in Rural Communities
The Use of Telehealth in Rural Communities for COVID-19
Barriers to Telehealth Access in Rural Communities
Is Telehealth a Long-Term Solution?
How Leaders Are Advocating for Telehealth in Rural Communities
- Rural Health Clinics are facilities located in rural, underserved areas that receive certification in order to receive reimbursement for serving Medicare and Medicaid patients.
- Federally Qualified Health Centers are facilities that provide care to underserved populations, such as immigrants or individuals experiencing homelessness, and receive funds from the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) Health Center Program.
- RHCs and FQHCs bill telehealth visits through their normal reimbursement mechanisms.
- Costs associated with telehealth would count on annual cost reports.
- Telehealth visits count toward productivity standards.