Mobility Loss Puts Older Adults at Risk: Research Shows Exercise Can Help
Falls and Other Effects of Mobility Loss
Increased Fall Risk
What Can Be Done to Age Healthily and Maintain Mobility?
Self-Assessment for Mobility
- Have you had a fall or incidents of nearly falling?
- Do you feel dependent on your spouse or family member for assistance?
- Do you feel comfortable being home alone?
- Do you have difficulty standing up from a seated position?
- Have you noticed yourself avoiding certain activities?
- Lower body weakness
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Side effects of medication, such as sedatives or antidepressants
- Vision problems
- Foot pain or poor footwear
- Inaccessible home environment