How to Address Child Hunger and Food Insecurity in Your Community
The Impact of COVID-19 on Hunger and Food Insecurity
- 1 in 5 parents living in households with children experienced food insecurity in the past 30 days.
- 1 in 4 adults whose families experienced employment disruptions faced food insecurity.
- Rates of food insecurity in Black and Hispanic adults’ households were double that of their white peers.
- Higher risks of hospitalization in early childhood
- Higher risks of health conditions such as anemia and asthma
- Social and behavioral issues that can affect schooling
- Developmental impairments in language and motor skills