Baylor Military Education Benefits Checklist

Follow these steps to apply for Military Education Benefits:

  1. To begin the process of applying for eligible military education benefits, visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website. Questions regarding eligibility should be directed to the VA at 1-(888)-442-4551.

  2. If you are applying for Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits, complete the Education Benefits Application, which generates a request for a Certificate of Eligibility (COE).

  3. Once approved, the VA will mail the COE to you within 4-6 weeks from submitting the application.

  4. Submit the COE to the Baylor VA Certifying Officials, Jessica Alford and Debbi Parker, via the VA Incoming Student COE Submission form.

  5. Once the COE is submitted, allow 2-3 weeks for packaging.

  6. You must submit a Request for Certification Form to the VA Benefits Office every term that you want to use your benefits. Please note that during the Summer semester, each part of the term (Minimester, Summer I, Summer II, Full Summer) are considered separate non-standard terms.

  7. As soon as you have registered for classes, turn in the Request for Certification Form to the VA Benefits Office. After the VA Benefits Office submits a certification to the VA, it can take the VA up to six weeks to process. If you turn in your Request for Certification after the deadline set by the VA Benefits Office, it could cause a delay in payments.

  8. Visit your program’s Military Education FAQs (MSWMPHEdDSpeech) for more information on Military Education Benefits.

  9. If you have further questions regarding obtaining your educational benefits, you may contact the Office of the Registrar’s VA Education Benefits Team.

Please Note:

  • The tuition and fee payment rate, and Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) are determined at the beginning of each military academic year on August 1st. The current rate table is located on the Education and Training page of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs site.
  • The Yellow Ribbon program is currently not available at the graduate level.
  • Baylor University is not a public institution and therefore is not eligible for participation in the Hazelwood Act.